Following the announcement from the Government on Monday 4th January 2021 regarding a third national lockdown, we would like to reassure you that the Canterbury Skin and Laser Clinic will remain open as a medical facility to provide clinically led consultations and treatment.
We understand that despite the ongoing pandemic, dermatological conditions such as severe acne, eczema and skin cancer will still occur and will still need urgent treatment, so appointments will continue as normal. As we are a clinically led facility, we are able to continue to provide our full range of services in a Care Quality Commission approved safe environment. You will be contacted directly if there are any changes to your appointment but if you have any questions regarding your appointment or would like further information, please call the clinic on 01227 472288.
We understand many of you may still have concerns about the current outbreak of Covid-19 and we are continuing to maintain the highest standards of hygiene and infection control within our clinics. We have taken the following steps to ensure we keep our staff and patients healthy in the coming months:
- All patients must wear face coverings at all times while inside the clinic and only remove at the request of your clinician.
- Any staff who are feeling unwell or showing symptoms will not come to work.
- All patients will receive a COVID screening questionnaire prior to their appointment.
- We ask patients who are feeling unwell or showing symptoms to rearrange their appointment.
- We ask all patients not to arrive at the clinics early for their appointment as we are limiting waiting room numbers.
- All patients will have their temperature checked on entry.
- All patients will be encouraged to use anti-bacterial handwash on entry and exit of the clinic.
- All consultation & treatment rooms will be prepared prior to your appointment.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning of the building, including door handles.
- Staff will be wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We have put in place social distancing measures throughout our clinics, where possible.
Back in March, we introduced video consultations as a means to attend your appointment without visiting the clinic in person. Due to the success of these video consultations and in light of the positive feedback we received, we will be continuing to offer video consultations to those who are still unable to attend the clinic in person or who would feel more comfortable to have their consultation virtually. To book a video consultation, please book an appointment as normal and let us know you would like to book a video consultation.
If you wish to book either a face to face or virtual appointment with us or have any concerns or questions, please give us a call on 01227 472288, send us an enquiry through the website or email us on [email protected] To find out more information about our virtual consultations, please click here.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
The Canterbury Skin and Laser Clinic
If you would like to speak to us, fill in the form or call us on 01227 472288.
Why choose Canterbury Skin and Laser Clinic?
Here at Kent's leading private skin and laser clinic, our experts are specialists in all aspects of dermatology, skin cancer, anti-ageing and beauty treatments. We are one of the few skin clinics in the UK where all medical consultations and treatments are provided by specialist doctors with Dermatology experience and laser training.
Canterbury Skin and Laser Clinic is regulated by the Care Quality Commission, ensuring the best level of treatment is provided to you in a safe environment. Our Clinical Lead Dr Mark Hudson-Peacock is a member of the British Association of Dermatologists, the British Laser Medical Association, the British Hair and Nail Society, the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology and is certified by the Consulting Room. We have won many awards including the WhatClinic Patient Service Award in 2019 and the ghp Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Awards 2019.